Specially after the tough immigration policies in UK and USA; Australia is considered a heaven for international students who can have a variety of options for studying in Australia, and tens of thousands of students travel to the country every year to take advantage of the high level of education offered. From primary school all the way to post graduate study, all the information which a potential student deemed is provided here:
Australian Student Visa Subclasses
There are 8 Subclasses for Australian Student visas currently offered by Australian Govt. Details of each category can be reviewed by clicking the provided link:
- Independent ELICOS Visa (Subclass 570): For international students travelling to Australasia to study on an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
- Schools Sector Visa (Subclass 571): For children travelling to Australia to study at a primary or secondary school.
- Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (subclass 572): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a vocational or training qualification, i.e.:
- Certificate I, II, III, or IV
- VET Diploma
- Advanced VET Diploma
- Vocational Graduate Certificate
- Vocational Graduate Diploma
- Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a higher education qualification, i.e.:
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate certificate
- Graduate diploma
- Master’s degree (taught/coursework based only)
- Higher Education diploma/advanced diploma
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574): For international students travelling to Australia to to study towards a research based Master’s or Doctoral degree.
- Non Award Sector Visa (Subclass 575): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a non-award foundation course or other full time course which does not lead to an Australian award.
- Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector Visa (Subclass 576): For international students who are sponsored by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Australia’s Department of Defense, to study towards any type of course in Australia.
- Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580): For parents and guardians of international students under the age of 18 who are studying in Australia. In some circumstances guardians of students over the age of 18 may also be granted this visa.